AC600 on Ubuntu
How to install Netgear's AC600 drivers on Ubuntu
Hi there, curious traveler around the web! This very specific post about how to use Netgear's AC600 WiFi adapter on Ubuntu with Linux Kernel v5+ is mainly a guide for the future Tom on how to do it again. So yeah, don't expect much. Let's go!
Simple UI version
- Open Ubuntu's settings
- Scroll to the last item in the left pane labeled About and select it
- Scroll again to the latest entry Software Update and select it
- Select Additional Drivers in the horizontal menu bar
- The available driver should be listed, select + apply changes
- Reboot and select the option to enroll in the now visible, alternative view after start
- WiFi should be an option now
The following steps are just an enhanced copy of an article on the ask-ubuntu-forum, linked below in the addendum. Here are steps necessary:
1. Install dkms if not yet done
2. Clone the drivers
3. Run the following commands and select a simple password that will be used later
4. Check it's installed correctly
5. Load at boot
6. Reboot. A different view should be rendered after the restart (not Ubuntu), which enables you to enroll the changes to the kernel.
And that's about, just simple little guide to connect my Ubuntu installation again.